Thursday, May 27, 2010

I'm Back!

Well, I must say that the last 2 weeks have flown by! Vacation was absolutely amazing and I completely forgot how wonderful it feels to relax and not think about work!

Napa Valley was beautiful...my first time there, but as an avid wine drinker, the entire atmosphere of the town is right up my alley. We took a tour, drank and tasted lots of wine...revisited lots of wine and bought lots of wine! For those of you who have never been to Napa, if you purchase a "tasting", you can ask for a "revisit" and retaste all the wines again at no additional cost. AMAZING and it feels like you get a better deal for your sometimes $15 tasting!

We stayed in a little beach house in Bodega Bay which is about an hour North of San Fransisco. We had a direct view of the Pacific straight from the front windows. Slightly chilly but the cliffy views were absolutely spectacular. Bodega Bay is known from Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds" which was filmed in this small town. We even stayed in one night to enjoy a viewing of the movie...made the trip all the more fun!

We did the night tour of Alcatraz Island in San Fransisco. I experienced a low blood sugar on the cruise over to the island. The wonderful Hubby took some pictures of me popping Life Savers on the way over...will post those soon!

We drove 16 hours one day from Bodega Bay all the way to Las Vegas. We had a WONDERFUL life changing 4 hour stop at Yosemite National Park. The waterfalls were absolutely breathtaking and it was nice to get out and breathe the mountain air. I so badly wanted to see a bear...or a mountain lion, but that was a no go...I'll settle for the deer we saw brifly running into the woods.

Las Vegas was a blast! We had a little luck on the Roulette Wheel which allowed us to have fun for the entire weekend we were there, but unfortunately we left a little poorer than when we got there!

I'm glad to be home after 2 weeks away, but upon our arrival, our home computer crashed this morning, so we are out looking for a new one. We may possibly get a Mac Notebook but are trying to justify the cost. I'm currently suffering through using the Hubby's work computer on a limited basis....please pray that I get a computer by the end of the weekend!

At any rate, I didn't really think about highs and lows over the past couple weeks, but it's time to get down to business again. The CGM arrives tomorrow- will post more on that venture soon!

For now, I will spend some time catching up on all of you and your lives over the past couple weeks! I really did miss the blogging!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome home :) Your trip sounds fantastic. Looking forward to the piccys! Yeah, time to sort the sugars out but what a great 2 weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had an amazing time! I went to San Francisco for a wedding a couple years back and have been dying to go back there and to visit Napa!

    CGM arrives tomorrow? Does that mean you chose one? Or is this just a trial?

    ~Layne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! Can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Layne-

    You must visit Napa! Spend more than 2 days there!! The hubby and I are definitely going back!

    ReplyDelete