Sunday, August 15, 2010

Back from The Big Apple!

and exhausted!

However, I'm extremely grateful for an amazing trip and wonderful time spent with my sis-in-law (my hubby's sis or HS)! We've had this trip planned for months and I was lucky enough to head up to NYC for 4 days to spend with her while Hubby flew to Chicago for a Bachelor party!

Thursday, we really just layed around all day and ate some good food. I was introduced to the wonderful commuter train system that NY has. HS commutes in from the city every day so the train was always on our schedule as we ventured into the city.

We drank lots of delicious Iced coffee, had a wonderful visit to her place of work at a prestigious newspaper which was REALLY exciting, ate good food and then headed off to the wax museum. Now, I would probably never ever visit the wax museum, but she's honestly the best person on the face of the planet to visit a wax museum with- it was quite hysterical and we had an amazing and comical time!

Friday, HS's girlfriend joined us for the remainder of the weekend!! Love them both and we had a great time. We ate at a delicious chinese restaurant on Friday night- lots of food and tea and lots of girl chatter- the time passed so quickly.

Saturday we commuted in to the city again, had a quick bite to eat for lunch and visited Strand near Union Square! I love used book stores more than anything and I spent a little over an hour browsing...and purchasing :) We then headed to Max Brenner's for dinner and dessert....OMG! That is the most fabulous and delicious place I've ever eaten! I purchased some chocolates for the Hubby and because I was starting to miss him a lot- but dinner had me refocused and I plan on taking my mom there in a few weeks when we visit just so I can try a different dessert!! We then headed back up to Broadway where we had AMAZING tickets to see Promises, Promises starring Kristen Chenowith and Sean Hayes!! It was really good, although the music was not my favorite, the overall experience was fabulous!

On a side note...as we left Max Brenner's - CELEB siting!! Reese Witherspoon walked down the street stylin a grey dress and amazing tan boots! I didn't get to take a picture, but it was a super exciting moment!!

After the show, we headed back to the train station to catch the commuter train....and missed it by about 3 minutes....so we waited another hour for the train...but that proved to be some interesting people watching!

Overall, I had a fabulous trip and I feel super blessed to have joined an amazing family!

The "getting home" part today was a little long, but I'm home and resting......and the period started unfortunately....Hubby and I are currently planning out the next month or so.....

very cute...but I think he was a little more sad than I was....which made me smile in a weird way, excited for our future!

2 comments:

  1. Isn't Max Brenner's amazing!?! If you didn't have their thick Italian hot chocolate this time, you MUST have it when you take your mom there! It's so ridiculously better than you would ever think hot chocolate could be!! Definitely bolus-worthy! ;-) Glad you had such a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, that sounds like such an amazing weekend. I LOVE Kristen Chenowith... she is sooo talented! Glad you had a good time! One day I'll make it out East and we should all have a big D-meet up! :)

    ReplyDelete