Monday, September 6, 2010

NYC...take 2

I'm back from the Big Apple again!!

My mom and I drove the exhausting 9 hours to the big city for another wedding! I'm really proud of myself for actually driving into the CITY and parking the car. We stayed at this amazingly stellar hotel called The Marcel at Gramercy...it was near Gramercy Park...extremely cute part of the city. We ate at Coppola's for lunch and it was amazing! We were then able to meet up with some old friends that we hadn't seen in a while. Everyone was in from out of town for the wedding and we were all staying at the same hotel! It was a really good time!

The wedding was at the Manhatten Penthouse...directly next door to Parson's School of Design. I'm a huge Project Runway fan, so this got me super excited! The wedding was absolutely fabulous...different, but extremely beautiful and fun. The bride wore a fabulous short feathered dress and the groom and his best man wore Converse tennis shoes with their tuxes. They danced their first dance to the Jackson 5's "ABC...easy as 1-2-3!" So adorable and cute. We danced all night long!

Saturday morning, my mom and I woke up, had a fab breakfast and headed down to the World Trade Center Memorial visitor center. The last time my mom and I were in NYC was 3 weeks before September 11th...so this is something she wanted to do...we both cried almost the entire way through, but it was beautifully done and I'm excited to see the official memorial once it's built. To wrap up the trip, I took my mom to Max Brenner's and we had fondue (great for the blood sugar!) but it was delicious and we had a great time.

We drove the entire trip home that afternoon and evening. It was very long but I got to see the Hubby that night and sleep in my own bed. I vegged around almost all day yesterday- we did got on a little hike, but the tiredness set in and we ended up renting a movie and in bed before 10pm.

Today for this glorious Labor Day, I had to work. However, I'm all moved in to my new office and they've started painting it the color I want- a lovely calming lavender! It's going to be a great start to a new "job" so to say, but I'm excited for a new chapter and what the next couple months will bring.

No news on the baby front :(

No comments:

Post a Comment