Thursday, March 17, 2011

Family Weekend!




Yes...that would be our little bitty tiny "Lentil" as we have dubbed it. LOL- it came from the fact that the baby is about the size of a Lentil seed....and it just stuck...kinda cute, but I keep telling the hubby we need to work on a new name.

The big reveal to our families is happening this weekend. I can hardly contain my excitement! We are headed to Hubby's parents on Saturday and my family on Sunday. Everyone is going to be surprised and I can't wait to see the look on their faces! Hopefully I'll be able to snap it with a video....hopefully!

At any rate...I've still been feeling pretty crappy. I threw up for the first time on Tuesday morning. I ended up taking a half day at work. I was in the shower...and blah....3 times. I dealt with low blood sugars most of the morning, but eventually ended up taking the nausea medicine. There's no great choice in overcoming this battle...it's either...throw up...or be constipated with a stomach ache. I know that's probably TMI, but I chose the lesser of two evils...I will deal with constipation and get rid of the nausea. Has anyone else had to deal with this? I know in the end it will all be worth it, but it would be extremely lovely to make it through at least 1 week without any sort of "ickiness!"

Our 2nd Ultrasound is tomorrow- super excited- I'm 8 weeks today and am finally excited to meet with the doctor more in depth. Hubby and I have some big decisions to make tonight on testing....it's really a non-issue because no matter what...this baby is coming into this world..it's just a matter of wanting to know ahead of time about complications or not. Will update sometime soon.

On a different note....I GOT MY NEW JOB!!! I'm so super excited. I will start on April 18th- I've been working on my letter of resignation at my old job all night. I'm a little nervous about turning it in, but this will be an extremely wonderful change for our growing little family. Minus the fact that I'm giving up 3 months of paid maternity leave at my current job...but the difference in salary will be worth it...I hope.

Wishing all of you out there much happiness this week....and on this day of Irish Celebration...much luck to those of you TTC!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Brooke - can't wait to hear how it went! It's such a magical thing when you tell your parents that they're going to be grandparents...

    Hope the morning sickness passes soon - I'm thinking of you and sending you good vibes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been following your blog and now I can finally share too....we're expecting also! I'm due October 10 (I'm 12 weeks along). I've been so sick and was finally put on Zofran - a lifesaver! I look forward to sharing preggo stories together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you're not feeling good, but as I'm resurfacing in the blog-o-sphere, was SO happy to read all is going well!! ENJOY telling your families, that will be so fun!

    ReplyDelete